How do I set up a company in Singapore?
Updated: Aug 21, 2020
Requirements for Singapore Company Registration
The registration requirements for Singapore companies are:
1. Shareholders. The company must have a minimum of 1 shareholder and a maximum of 50 shareholders. Shareholders can be natural persons or legal persons. 100% foreign ownership is allowed.
2. Share Capital. The minimum issued capital for establishing a company is $1. The company can increase its share capital at any time.
3. Directors. Both Singaporeans and foreigners can serve as directors of Singapore companies. The company must have at least one Singapore resident director who is Singaporean, Singapore permanent resident or Employment Pass holder.
4. Company Secretary. The company must appoint a qualified company secretary within 6 months of its establishment. The company secretary must be resident of Singapore.
5. Registered Address. All companies must have a local registered address in Singapore where the company will retain all legal documents. The address cannot be a post office box.
6. Company Name. The company name must be approved before proceeding with company registration.